** Now accepting applications for Spring/Summer 2019**
Thank you for your interest in pursuing an internship in one of my Congressional offices. Representing the people of Nebraska’s Second Congressional district in the House of Representatives is an honor. Working for Congress is a rewarding experience and interning provides an opportunity to learn more about our government and the operations of the institution. We are looking for dedicated, hardworking, and passionate interns to assist us in serving constituents in both our Washington, D.C. and Omaha offices. Internships are available throughout the year and are available to all students and recent graduates; however, priority is given to Nebraskans as well as students attending a Nebraska University/College. Internships are unpaid, but we will work with schools that award academic credit for service.
Available 2019 Internship Sessions: Application Due Date:
Spring: January – April Ongoing
Summer: May – August
Fall: September – December
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, but preference is given to those who submit materials before the above dates. Notification about the status of your application will be e-mailed to you. While the Internship sessions have a designated timeline, we are willing to work with applicants to create a schedule that best works for them.
For more information on the duties and requirements expected of specific types of internships, please click on one of the following links:
- Degree-seeking students or recent graduates with a strong academic record.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak diplomatically with constituents who may hold differing views.
- Ability to both work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to following up.
- Consistent and professional appearance and demeanor.
- Nebraska ties are preferred, but not required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Internships are geared towards college students or those just out of college. To apply, please submit the following web form.