Academy Nomination Application-Frequently asked questions, tips and more application information
· Consider applying to multiple academies to increase acceptance chances. You can be nominated to multiple academies depending on how well you have competed among this year’s pool of candidates. It is also possible to win multiple appointments.
· A nomination from our office doesn’t equal automatic acceptance into the academy. You will be placed among a group of nominees and the academy makes the final decision. You will receive an offer of admission directly from the academy if selected.
· The criteria for nomination is based on an evaluation of the ‘whole person;’ factors such as academic activities, extra-curricular activities, leadership skills, physical aptitude, character, and motivation are all contributing factors.
· You can also apply for a nomination from the Senate to increase chances of acceptance or you can apply directly to the Vice President of the United States
· Start application early to ensure all necessary documents arrive on time i.e. transcripts can take 2-3 weeks
· Letters of recommendation can include: Teachers, counselors, employers, coaches, clergy, or Scout Leaders
· Timeline: application due to our office no later than October 31,2020, next our office will conduct interviews early December and notify you of a decision in January/February. Academies will send out their acceptance shortly after
· You can start an admissions file with any academy you are interested in. Please contact the academies directly. Note that academies usually have regional contacts who are the primary contact for you.
o United States Military Academy:
West Point, NY 10996
o United States Naval Academy:
52 King George St.
Annapolis, MD 21402
o United States Air Force Academy:
2304 Cadet Drive Suite 2300
USAF Academy, CO 80840
o United States Merchant Marine Academy:
300 Steamboat Road
Kings Point, NY 11024
o United States Coast Guard Academy:
Note: admission application is submitted directly to USCGA with a submission deadline of February 1st LINK:
31 Mohegan Ave.
New London, CT 06320