Military Academy Nominations
MILITARY ACADEMY NOMINATIONS
There are five military service academies in the United States. Through Congressman Bacon's office, you can apply for a nomination to four of the academies. The fifth service academy, the U.S. Coast Guard Academy, does not require a congressional nomination for appointment. Rep. Bacon may nominate up to ten individuals for each vacant academy slot allotted to Nebraska's 2nd Congressional district.
Air Force Academy
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80840-5651
Phone: (719) 472-2520
West Point Military Academy
Admissions Office Building
606 Thayer Road
West Point, NY 10996-1797
Phone: (914) 938-4041
USNA Admissions Office
117 Decatur Road
Annapolis, MD 21402-5019
Phone: (410) 293-4361
Merchant Marine Academy
Kings Point, NY 11024-1699
Phone: (516) 773-5391
The nomination application period opens May 15th of each year for those candidates who are high school juniors and will be seniors the following school year, or who have already graduated. Each applicant for a nomination must meet the following eligibility requirements as of July 1st of the year of admission to an academy:
Service Academy Qualifying Factors
- Age: Must be at least 17 but not yet 22 years of age.
- Citizenship: Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Marital Status: Must not be married, pregnant or have legal obligation to support a child.
- Residence: Must reside within the boundaries of the 2nd Congressional District of Nebraska.
- Skill/Fitness: Must meet the medical, physical, and academic requirements of the Academy.
The honor of attending a service academy comes with the obligation and commitment to serve in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation. All applicants should review these Frequently Asked Questions for those seeking a Military Academy Nomination before applying.
For more information about the process and application, please contact: